First Extracurricular Activities and Leadership Summit
This event has invited three very influential non-profit organizations in Canada that focus on cultivating youth leadership and serving youth and children. There will be four organization leaders and organization members as guests to share their experiences. Provide rich experience and knowledge to high school students on how to improve their understanding of leadership .
Background improvement is a decisive factor in getting into an ideal university and major!
May 14, 2023 1:30-4:30 pm
205 Placer Court 2Floor, North York, ON, M2H 0A9
Number of volunteers:
Venue layout, venue guidance, and helping guests seated
Hope you can:
Abide by volunteer time regulations, be careful, responsible, and have a good team spirit
What you will gain:
• Hear up close and personal sharing from senior professors, founders, etc.
• 15 volunteers with outstanding performance were given a free ticket to Dr. Wouters, a senior professor at the University of Toronto, giving a speech at the Workshop on May 27
• On Mother’s Day, we will give away free carnations
Summit lineup introduction
Guest introduction : John Shi
Founder of Yingshi Education
Member of the Board of Trustees, Rotman School of Business, University of Toronto
Sharing guest Yvonne Jiang
WSSC Canadian High School
Leader of Friendship Association
Queen's University Smith School of Business
Current student, exchange student at National University of Singapore
As the general director of WSSC, a non-profit charity organization for Canadian high school students, she will share her growth and transformation from high school students to college students, from how to get offers from all the top business schools in Canada , to constantly surpassing herself in college, and becoming a multiple As a leading member of the society, he successfully applied for an exchange opportunity at the National University of Singapore, the number one university in Asia .
Sharing guest OTLF
Outstanding Youth Leadership Organization
The Outstanding Young Leaders Foundation (OTLF) was registered and established in 2017. OTLF's goal is to bring young people into dialogue with Canada's mainstream elites and leaders through social charity activities.
• Dr.Reza Moridi, Chair
Professor Moridi is the former Minister of Higher Education and Education of Ontario, Canada , Chairman of the Mentor Committee, and served as Minister of Research, Innovation and Science, and Minister of Universities and Colleges.
• Hon.Dr.John McCallum, Mentor
Dr. McCallum has served as a politician , diplomat , economist and banker . He served as an MP for 17 years and held six ministerial posts, including the Ministry of Defence. Prior to his political career, he served nearly 20 years in academia, serving as dean of the Faculty of Arts at McGill University, as professor of economics at the Université du Québec in Montreal, Simon Fraser University and the University of Manitoba, and at the University of Cambridge Visiting professor.
• Dr. Milica Radisic, Mentor ,
Dr. Milica Radisic is a senior professor at the University of Toronto , Canada Research Chair in Tissue Engineering in Cardiovascular Function and a senior scientist at the Toronto Institute of Integrative Studies. She is also Vice-Chair of the Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry at the University of Toronto . She is a Fellow of the Royal Canadian Academy of Sciences, the Canadian Academy of Engineering, the American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering, and the Society for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine.
• Dr.Bradly Wouters, Mentor
Dr. Wouters is an internationally renowned cancer research expert and senior professor at the University of Toronto . In 2016, he became UHN's executive vice president for science and research , having previously served as director of research at the Princess Margaret Cancer Center since 2014.
* Selected outstanding students will have the opportunity to communicate closely with professors, have the opportunity to observe meetings held by members of Congress on Capitol Hill, and visit scientists' laboratories, etc. High-quality unique experiences.
OTLF members and volunteers invited to visit MPs on Parliament Hill in Ottawa and receive leadership certificates
Sharing guest MNC
MNC (My Networking Club) is an elite organization composed of professional financial professionals (CPA). It provides members with professional career direction guidance and practical help in all aspects in a public welfare manner : from understanding professional regulations to communicating with professionals. People socialize in Coffee chat, etc. Let college students realize the importance of networking and expanding their interpersonal networks earlier.
• Erik, the founder of MNC , is a CPA Chartered Professional Accountant. He graduated from the Rotman School of Business at the University of Toronto. He once worked for the Big Four accounting firm KPMG and is now a professor at Sheridan College.
• MNC's current President , Cynthia Zhou, graduated from Ted Rogers School of Management and obtained professional certificates such as CAPM and PMP . She currently works at Toronto Metropolitan University (formerly Ryerson University). Committed to helping students better enter their careers and learn from professional elites.
For those of you who want to improve and enrich yourself , in high school, through extracurricular activities , effective social interaction , etc., you can develop a kind of continuous self-growth, learn to seize opportunities, and be good at self-planning, setting goals, and thinking-oriented behavior of time management. Model is crucial for applying to top universities and for personal growth after entering university .